Thursday, April 4, 2013

Preview Christmas 2013: Huge Stockings!

Let's face it, 2013 is 1/4 over already! Which means another quarter year and I'll start getting busy with my Etsy shop again. Time to prepare! I have finished this big Christmas stocking:




It is 30 inches long, 8.5 inches wide. I used thicker yarn so it did not take too long to knit (the usual 15 hours I guess). There is room to expand at the top, a name could be added. I have two rows of animals walking on this stocking, so it can be hung up either way. 

It was inspired by one of my "students" from the library. I thought her how to knit stockings and she brought in chunky yarn. Her stocking looked great, and I really like the look of this big, sturdy stocking as well. 



 

 This is the big stocking next to my regular 22" stocking. Quite a difference! I would think some people can put it it at their front door, make it very visible. Or there would be one lucky kid getting lots of goodies...


 This stocking will be for sale in my Etsy shop soon and many more: Gigi82Knits on Etsy




1 comment:

  1. You are so so talented, i'm totally jealous!!! I wish i had time to learn to knit, i think it's an amazing talent!!!

    Emily @ hopefulwandering.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete